Thursday, November 27, 2008

Mumbai attacks

I have fallen way behind in writing in here- almost a month behind! ANd although I have much to catch up on, for the moment I just wanted to post a blog about the recent Mumbai attacks. I don't know the mileage to Mumbai, but it is probably at least 1,000 miles away from where I am at. We are just fine where we are now, so no one worry about that.

To give a little bit of information though, although this is a huge terrorist ploy here, it isn't the first one since we've been here. THe biggest and the most damage to be sure. But violence, especially around the time of elections in India, is not rare. There are huge tensions between the Muslim and Hindu groups here and they often turn violent. It's actually ironic because I had just mentioned to someone it had been a few weeks since something happened. I spoke too soon.

I'm sure I'll comment more later as the rest of the story unfolds, but for now know that we are safe in the mountains...

No comments: