Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring has arrived!

Spring has fianlly arrived! Two experiences have brought this beautiful phrase into full force in my little universe. First, baseball season has begun! Ever since I was six years old, not a spring goes by that I do not start to get excited for the impending season. Even the years where I don't have the time to watch the games I'd like or play like I want, just knowing that the games are going on and that the sport is being played by someone somewhere in the world makes me smile. Baseball helps to make the world go round in my universe. In honor of this start, my little brother and I went and played catch and hit the ball around at the park. What a glorious feeling i could not even begin to describe. And I won't, for I might be thought to need some serious help with my love of baseball. But a fun side note, as we're fielding for each other, another player steps onto our "field." A big black and white collie of sorts comes running onto our "field" and starts fielding with my brother. This particular dog was a stunningly gorgeous collie AND was an excellent fieldsman. It was fabulous to have a third player that LOVED to chase the ball.

The second experience came when I was on a drive earlier this week. The blue, blue sky was showing, with just a few hints of white, fluffly clouds. A nice cool breeze (not the whipping, freezing ones we've experienced off and on lately) blew through my hair as I drove with the window rolled down. I wore sunglasses and flip flops in a combo I have so sorely missed. To top it off I listened to Colbie Caillat (and don't say a thing- it is my female prerogative to listen to a few songs like this from time to time), with the image of the beach rolling through my mind. Despite all my frustration with the job hunt and lack of progress in my world, I felt like the world was set aright at that moment. Spring is finally here!

No comments: